Friday, January 12, 2018

SQ Yuuki Overview



Sword Art Online is a controversial series, been here done that, but despite this, I gotta say that Yuuki was a character I could really say was well done. I really enjoyed the series myself, but even with all that, Yuuki and the Mother's Rosario arc stood out compared to the whole show and was on a whole other level of good. Due to my love of the character, I wanted a figure of her, but sadly for me, her figma is an exclusive. Due to this, I resorted to the cheapest statue I could find of her, which led me to buy the Banpresto SQ figure. I wanted the one where her outfit was in Asuna's colors so it'd still have a reason for existing after I eventually got the figma, but couldn't find it so dealt with owning this. 


Box:



Nothing special for the box, you get an illustration of Yuuki in front of a beautiful field. You also get to see the an image of statue.


Parts:



In the box, you get her base, her main body, her sword, her sheath, and her head in separate containers.


Product:




OOB and you get a pretty good looking figure of Yuuki. Details are well painted and nothing is really missing. Her stance is a brave and simple standing pose, and looks inspiring. There is one little issue I have with this, and that's the fact the sheath does not plug in securely. It falls off very often and it's a real hassle to deal with.




The base has a little hole that the sword rests in so making her hold it isn't hard.




Overall this is a satisfying figure of Yuuki, and for those who want an affordable, small-ish sized figure of her, this is a fine option. The price is low, details are well painted, and the sculpting is great, so you can't really go wrong with it if you're a Yuuki fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment